Berkeley Regis United Neighbors (BRUN) is joining Highland United Neighbors, Inc. (HUNI), Sunnyside United Neighbors, Inc. (SUNI) & the Tennyson Berkeley Business Association (TBBA) in hosting a “Spring Progressive” NW Denver Neighborhood Clean Up on Saturday, June 5.
BRUN area clean up details:
Berkeley Lake Park at 4601 W 46th Ave. parking lot at the east side of the park along Tennyson Street.
8:30 am – Local event orientation and RNO introduction
9:00 am – Neighborhood Clean up starts
The targeted locations for cleanup are along the W 48th Ave & W 48th Ave S frontage roads from Tennyson Blvd. to Federal Blvd that flank I-70. We will have approval to work only in the areas from the street curb to the wooden sound barrier of the highway. Clean up may continue in Berkeley Lake Park and Rocky Mountain Lake Park. Please drop off trash in the designated location.
10:00 am – Trash drop off and Clean up After Party
4272 Lowell Blvd – Food, Music, Local Businesses, Friends & Neighbors
For more information, see the flier below.
Rules of participation:
- To save time during registration, please bring the signed liability waiver(s) on the day of the event.
- Parking will be available in the parking lot, or along the roadway. “No Parking” where signs are posted.
- Projects will consist of debris removal.
- Please dispose filled trash bags in the dumpsters or trash receptacles in the park.
- Do Not pickup needles.
- Do Not touch encampments or their belongings.
Safety guidelines for your protection:
- Please stay home if you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath. We also recommend that those who are immunocompromised or otherwise at a higher health risk stay home.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 6’ from other workers when possible.
- Wear a cloth mask at all times. Working with a mask on may contribute to heat-related illness, so take extra breaks and drink lots of water.
- Practice good hygiene. Don’t touch your face. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds – or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Avoid sharing tools if possible. If you must share tools, wear gloves.
- Clean and sanitize tools.
- Bring your own gloves
- Bring your own water jug/plenty of water/cups.
- Bring your signed liability waiver
- Work in groups of 10
- Wear sunscreen
- Dress appropriately for weather
- Sturdy footwear (no open toe shoes)
- Hat is recommended
- These guidelines may be subject to change depending upon future updates to the City/County or State Public Health Orders
- ALL CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED
- DO NOT BRING PETS